Speech Therapy Maple Valley
Does your child have poor communication skills? As a parent you want the best for your child. You want them to be able to communicate their needs. If you are having a hard time understanding your child contact one of our speech language pathologist. Since 2004 Rock Therapeutic Services has provided speech therapy for both children and adults.
As a licensed Speech Language Pathologist, Rock Therapeutic Services is dedicated to improving the speech of your child. We are a trusted source for effective speech therapy in the greater Puget Sound region. Our team provides strong teamwork and supports the needs of each of our clients. We also specialize in pediatric and geriatric speech therapy.
Rock Therapeutic Services provides a comprehensive list of speech therapy services.
We provide the following services:
- Evaluation of infants & children using formal & informal assessment tools
- Comprehensive treatment plans
- Parent training & support as an integral part of the therapy program
- Individual speech-language therapy
- Small group speech-language therapy
- Independent evaluations
- IEP team consultations
- In-home speech/language stimulation services
- Pre-speech & Feeding skills, swallowing
- Social Skills Group Training
- Developmental Play Groups
- Parent Support Groups
- Parent Education and Training
- Intensive specialized summer programs (icommunicate)
Speech Pathologist Maple Valley
Effective speech therapy improves communication and quality of life. Speech therapy improves articulation and problem solving. Speech therapy improves reading and comprehension skills. And speech therapy gives your child a higher level of language. Choose Rock Therapeutic Services for effective and useful speech therapy.
Provides effective communication for children and adults
Allows the expression of feelings and ideas
Helps children and adults communicate their needs
Allows children and adults to be understood
Improved swallowing to eliminate the threat of choking
Speech Therapy Treatment Maple Valley
We recognize that it is very important to research evidence-based practices and educate staff to understand the methods that have been shown to be effective in treatment. We are able to synthesize different methods of treatment and develop a therapy plan to meet the individual needs of the child.
We have had extensive continuing education to include the following specialty areas:
- P.R.O.M.P.T. (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets) Level 1 trained
- Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol
- RDI (Relationship Development Intervention)
- DIR Floortime
- Social Skills/Social Thinking (including coursework by Michelle Garcia Winner)
- Advanced PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) training
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication Devices
- In the process of obtaining certification in Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
- Verbal Behavior theory and techniques