Fluency • Stuttering • Speech Therapy Techniques
Stuttering is a communication disorder described that occurs when the flow of speech is broken by repetitions (li-li-like this), prolongations (lllllike this), or abnormal stoppages (no sound) of sounds and syllables.
At Rock Therapeutic Services, we are able to complete standardized and non standardized fluency assessments and set goals to meet your needs.
Fluency Therapy may help improve:
- Reducing the frequency of stuttering through speech therapy
- Decreases the tension and struggle during a stuttering moment
- Self-monitoring of disfluencies
- Using effective communication skills such as eye contact or phrasing
- Working to decrease word or situational avoidance
- Set goals that may relate to long-term changes or meet a specific short-term need such as a job interview.